April 8, 2024
On April 8, 2024, a total solar eclipse will cross North America, passing over Mexico, United States, and Canada. Lake Placid — along with the rest of the Adirondacks — will be one of the best locations in the northeast to view this exceptional event.
Lake Placid is such a perfect spot to view totality that Road Trippers Magazine named it one of the best places to see the eclipse!
Learn more about the eclipse and how to watch:
Time until partial totality begins:
- Partial totality begins at 2:13:02 pm
- Full totality begins at 3:25:07 pm
- Maximum totality at 3:26:48 pm
- Full totality ends at 3:28:29 pm
- Partial totality ends at 4:36:43 pm
More information coming soon. Join our mailing list to be the first to know about updates.